On Thanksgiving Day 2006, Mark Shull, a longtime Snuggles member, passed of a heart attack. We've been throwing around various ways of creating a memorial for him. One suggestion was to donate educational materials related to Jamming, Media and Intellectual Property to educational institutions and libraries annually. We decided it would be fitting that the first year's gift be Sonic Outlaws -- a film he (we) admired greatly. The publishers of Sonic Outlaws, OtherCinemaDVD, graciously offered to provide us institutional copies of the film at a greatly reduced rate. We raised enough money to purchase 10 copies. The next step is to determine the locations where they will be sent. If you know of a k-12 learning institution that would benefit from a copy of Sonic Outlaws, please let us know. Also, you can contribute money to cover the cost of shipping the discs (and other snuggles related material) to the schools, by using the paypal lxxx
For the most part, the list runs itself. People manage themselves very well and everyone gets along. Here are some general guidelines to help add order to any occasional chaos:
- All topics are permissible -- except where a list member's privacy, security or health are put at risk.
- All manner of communication is permissible as long as it does not involve direct insults to other list members.
- Anyone found to have violated the above rules will be removed from the list (or prevented from re-subbing) until they make some sort of peace with those involved. Yes, I'm totally supportive of Free Speech. However, Free Speech implies the responsibility to conduct oneself in the highest manner possible.
- If someone has been removed from the list, we would appreciate that no one forward messages from them. It is their responsibility alone to handle the situation in which they put themselves.
- These simple rules imply a rule-maker/rule-enforcer. Pan is that person. Sxxx